We love summer in this house!! We love all the activities there are to do, the crazy Southern storms, and the chance to relax as a family. This is the first year that Continue reading
On Wednesday morning Avery woke up unusually early. When I went into her room to ask her what she was doing up so early (she’s not a morning person) she told me she just wasn’t tired. I kept wondering if today was the day Brooklyn was going to be born. Continue reading
As some of you may know I write a letter to Avery every year around her birthday and I thought I would share this year’s letter on my blog! So here it is:
Dear Avery Gracie,
You are 3 years old!! Mama is amazed at the sweet, amazing, smart, kind, insightful, quick, whole hearted big girl you are. Continue reading
I know for a fact I am not alone when I ask this question! 24 hours seems like so much time but it feels like some days it goes by in an instant and then its 9pm at night and I’m trying to figure out what in the world I accomplished that day. There are days I feel on top of the world and get a whole bunch done but that for sure doesn’t happen all the time. I work part-time at home and between that, the house stuff, being a wife, being a mother and trying to get a little bit of time for myself to work on projects I am busy a lot! I know I could be busier so I treasure the relaxing time I do get. Like right now I am in bed cuddling Avery while I write this blog and it’s so nice! I also think it’s a little bit of my fault that I’m so busy because I hate sitting down and doing nothing so I always have the next thing I want to do or a project I want to start in my head. I have actually been working on taking a little bit of time for myself everyday and either doing a podcast devotion, watching a show, or doodling floor plans for fun haha. This gives me energy to accomplish more in the day. I sometimes can get myself stressed out in my head just by thinking about all I need to do and fixing that is a work in progress. I guess it’s hard for me to see that my daily stuff (working out, 3 meals for everyone, tidying up, school with Avery, practicing ballet with Avery, going for a walk, working from home, laundry, and spending quality time with Josh and Avery) will take up most of my day and if I don’t have time to get other things done in a day that’s okay. I make a daily list and I used to get stressed out if I didn’t accomplish it all by the end of the day but now whatever doesn’t get finished I just move to the next day. That’s an exciting overcome for me haha. It’s easy for me to sometimes feel like at the end of the day I didn’t do enough as a wife and mother but then I remember that Avery and Josh both feel loved and cared for and it’s just in my head that I didn’t do enough for them. Being a mom and being a wife is who I am. I am beyond thankful that I get to be a wife and a mother every day and the love I get back from them is so rewarding! So even though I wish I could function off of less sleep or have the days be longer I am grateful for every second that I have. Being God’s daughter, Josh’s wife, and Avery’s mother come first over everything else and whatever else I have time to accomplish in my 24 hours will just be a bonus. Here’s to a relaxing Saturday, hope you liked reading this blog!
Ok so we have 4 bedrooms in our house. Our room, Avery’s room, guest room, and Josh’s video game room/second guest room. Josh decided to move his TV and PlayStation to our room which is so much better because now I get to spend more time with him and we had an empty room that was begging for some creativity! 🙂 Continue reading
Avery has a very special personality! She is sweet, timid, obedient, confident, silly, smart, and loud all in one! Lately her favorite things have been changing and some of the things she says and the way she says them are so cute and funny I have to share. I wanted to write this blog to give you guys more of an insight as to the person Avery is and so that I can always remember her at this age. So here are some of her favorites.
- Favorite breakfast- yogurt and waffles
- Favorite snack- goldfish
- Favorite food- pizza
- Favorite fruit- strawberries
- Favorite treats- chocolate, ice cream and gum (she’s a sweets girl!)
- Favorite place in the house- her ruff ruff chair by the fireplace
- Favorite person- daddy!
- Favorite toys- doctor kit, barbies, and princesses
- Favorite shows- Doc Mcstuffins or Daniel Tiger’s Neighborhood
- Favorite things to do- play toys, play doh and play with her friends outside
- Favorite color- blue (it’s been blue for as long as she’s been talking)
- Favorite thing to say- “Play with me! Play with me!”
Some of the things she has said lately that make us smile or laugh are:
- We say I love you and then she says “Love you more” and we say love you more and she says “not a possible!”
- “Fineeee mama”
- “I’m not tired, I’m HAPPY (with a huge smile) see?! I don’t need a nap!”
- I ask how her how her nap was and she says “I slept just fine mama”
- If we aren’t listening she grabs our faces and says “look at me”
- “I need to check your heartbeat with my tep-a-cope (stethoscope)”
- If I tell her an idea of something to do and she likes it she says “oh that’s a really good idea mama!”
- Anytime I ask Avery where did you learn to be so cute? where did you learn to be so funny? where did you learn to be so smart? The answer is always “I got it from daddy”
- “Of course!!”
- If she wants someone to chase her she will say “oh no run!”
- “I’m so excited to see you!”
- “You’re my girl” 🙂
- And this isn’t exactly one thing she says but whenever she plays with her toys she always changes the voice for each person and has the best imagination coming up with the things she has them say.
I know she says plenty more cute things in a day but on the top of my head that’s all I can think of. She really has the cutest personality I’ve ever seen! I hope this blog gave you a little bit more insight to the little girl that Avery is. We truly cherish every day with her and think the absolute highest about her! We are so grateful that God gave us this perfect daughter!
I decided to do this blog because I’m always curious what is in other moms diaper bags so I thought I would give you a peak into mine. Continue reading