It’s finally October! We have been having an abnormally warm year in Tennessee. We are still having days in the high 70s but today it was cooler outside so I got to break in my new pair of heeled boots! Fall is my favorite season for so many reasons! The cool weather, the clothes, yummy treats, Christmas getting closer, and all the fun activities! Before each season starts I make a bucket list of all the things I want to do that season to make it special and fun for everyone. I decided I wanted to share my fall bucket list to give everyone some ideas and if I’ve left anything off please comment so I can add them to our fun!
- Decorate our house for fall
- Make a homemade pumpkin spice latte
- Go apple picking
- Stomp in the leaves
- Make a pot of fall aroma (1 orange peel, 1 sliced apple, cloves, cinnamon sticks, and water!)
- Make a fire outside
- Splash in puddles (or as Avery and Peppa Pig would say “muddy puddles!”)
- Make a homemade pie
- Take a foggy morning walk
- Make a new crockpot dish
- Make Carmel apples
- Go to the pumpkin patch
- Carve pumpkins
- Go on a hike
- Visit the farmers market
- Plant tulip bulbs
- Do fall crafts with Avery
- Visit Gatlinburg
- Plan thanksgiving dinner and activities
- Read outside with some blankets
- Have a popcorn and movie night
- Visit a farm
- Get fall candles
- Window shop
- Do a mini photoshoot
- Do fall activities the city puts together for kids
- Take a long bike ride in the Smoky Mountains
- Kiss my husband in the rain
- Make apple cider
- Watch post-season baseball and the World Series
And there you have it! Our family’s fall bucket list! We have so far done 8 things on this list and can’t wait to do more! Like I said in the beginning if anyone has any other fun ideas for us to do this Fall season please comment!! 🙂
I always want whoever is reading my blog to know me, who I am, and what I believe. I thought what better way to get to know me better than telling all of you what I’m passionate about/ what I love!
- My family! Josh and Avery are LITERALLY my everything! I wake up and go to bed thinking about them and what I can be doing for them. I find so much happiness in seeing them happy! I can’t imagine not having Josh as my husband or not having Avery as my daughter! I know I talk about them both a lot but it’s not nearly as much as I want to. The things Avery says to me and Josh does for me warms my heart! Last night Avery wanted me to cuddle her and hold her hand so she could fall asleep. Right before she fell asleep she told me “I really love you” and instantly happy tears streamed down my cheeks. Avery is the most thoughtful person I’ve ever met and the fact that out of everyone God picked me to be her mommy just amazes me!
- God! God always comes first in my life and that’s the way I like it. He has given me so much to be thankful for! His plans are so much greater than mine (sometimes I need to remind myself of this) and I love having God as my Heavenly Father! Josh and I do our best to raise Avery up how God wants us to and love teaching her more about him. Yesterday at church Avery took communion for the first time and I explained it to her the best I could to a toddler and after it was done she said she wanted more bread dipped in juice haha. The responsibility of teaching our kids about God is very important to us!
- Country music! By far my favorite genre of music! Give me some country music and sweet tea and I’m set! My favorite artists are Keith Urban, Carrie Underwood, Jason Aldean, Tim McGraw, and Luke Bryan. My 10 favorite country songs right now are “She’s in love with a boy”, “Real men love Jesus”, “Make you miss me”, “From the ground up”, “John Cougar, John Deer, John 3:16”, “This”, “Making memories of us”, “Burnin it down”, “Then”, and “I met a girl”. Something about hearing a country song just puts me in a good mood! So living in the state of country music suits me well!