You are one!! How in the world did this year fly by so fast?! I feel like it was just the other day we were on our way to the hospital about to have you in the car haha. But I also feel like you’ve always been with us. Our family isn’t complete without you and we all love you so much! We prayed for you for so long and having you is so special to us! We prayed for a little baby that felt like a baby (because your sissy always felt so grown up to us) and that’s exactly what we got! You are our petite, feisty, silly, independent, dancing, adorable, strong little girl!
On Wednesday morning Avery woke up unusually early. When I went into her room to ask her what she was doing up so early (she’s not a morning person) she told me she just wasn’t tired. I kept wondering if today was the day Brooklyn was going to be born. Continue reading
We have finished Brooklyn’s nursery and I’m so excited! I’m 34 weeks along and it’s nice to have the major task done in case she comes earlier than expected. Avery didn’t have her own room until we moved to Tennessee so it was very exciting designing and making things for a nursery this time around. We decided to go with lavender, gray and white for her room because Avery’s room right across the hall is pink, gray and white. I love walking by and seeing two sweet little girl rooms all done up!
Ok now to all the photos! Continue reading
Tomorrow is Avery’s first day of homeschool preschool and I’m so excited! I’m glad that she’s doing homeschool this year and next year because I don’t like being without her! She truly feels like one of my limbs so without her I go crazy! Last year I would do a little bit of learning time with her and mainly read lots but this is the first year that we have an actual curriculum, schedule and corner for school. Continue reading
As some of you may know I write a letter to Avery every year around her birthday and I thought I would share this year’s letter on my blog! So here it is:
Dear Avery Gracie,
You are 3 years old!! Mama is amazed at the sweet, amazing, smart, kind, insightful, quick, whole hearted big girl you are. Continue reading
Hey everyone! I apologize for not posting blogs as much lately. This is a super busy time of year for us because my birthday, Avery’s birthday and Josh’s birthday are all within 20 days! We finished everything for Avery’s 3rd birthday party this weekend so the next blog I do will be all about her party! 🙂 Anyways! A couple months ago I decided I wanted to do a garden for the first time this spring. Continue reading
Teaching Avery about God and raising her up like God wants is SOO important to Josh and I! We wouldn’t be the parents we are to Avery without him! Even before Avery was born we prayed for her all the time! For her personality, her future, her heart and her relationships. One thing my dad did for me which I loved was pray for my future husband even as a child. I love knowing that my dad prayed for Josh long before I knew him. I want Avery to find a husband just like Josh and be married forever! Continue reading
Avery has a very special personality! She is sweet, timid, obedient, confident, silly, smart, and loud all in one! Lately her favorite things have been changing and some of the things she says and the way she says them are so cute and funny I have to share. I wanted to write this blog to give you guys more of an insight as to the person Avery is and so that I can always remember her at this age. So here are some of her favorites.
- Favorite breakfast- yogurt and waffles
- Favorite snack- goldfish
- Favorite food- pizza
- Favorite fruit- strawberries
- Favorite treats- chocolate, ice cream and gum (she’s a sweets girl!)
- Favorite place in the house- her ruff ruff chair by the fireplace
- Favorite person- daddy!
- Favorite toys- doctor kit, barbies, and princesses
- Favorite shows- Doc Mcstuffins or Daniel Tiger’s Neighborhood
- Favorite things to do- play toys, play doh and play with her friends outside
- Favorite color- blue (it’s been blue for as long as she’s been talking)
- Favorite thing to say- “Play with me! Play with me!”
Some of the things she has said lately that make us smile or laugh are:
- We say I love you and then she says “Love you more” and we say love you more and she says “not a possible!”
- “Fineeee mama”
- “I’m not tired, I’m HAPPY (with a huge smile) see?! I don’t need a nap!”
- I ask how her how her nap was and she says “I slept just fine mama”
- If we aren’t listening she grabs our faces and says “look at me”
- “I need to check your heartbeat with my tep-a-cope (stethoscope)”
- If I tell her an idea of something to do and she likes it she says “oh that’s a really good idea mama!”
- Anytime I ask Avery where did you learn to be so cute? where did you learn to be so funny? where did you learn to be so smart? The answer is always “I got it from daddy”
- “Of course!!”
- If she wants someone to chase her she will say “oh no run!”
- “I’m so excited to see you!”
- “You’re my girl” 🙂
- And this isn’t exactly one thing she says but whenever she plays with her toys she always changes the voice for each person and has the best imagination coming up with the things she has them say.
I know she says plenty more cute things in a day but on the top of my head that’s all I can think of. She really has the cutest personality I’ve ever seen! I hope this blog gave you a little bit more insight to the little girl that Avery is. We truly cherish every day with her and think the absolute highest about her! We are so grateful that God gave us this perfect daughter!
I decided to do this blog because I’m always curious what is in other moms diaper bags so I thought I would give you a peak into mine. Continue reading
A couple of weeks ago Josh’s mom and I decided to take on the project of building Avery a lemonade stand. We wanted her to have something that she could have for a long time and double as a store counter because she loves playing store. It was NOT an easy job! It took us 7 hours and the day we did Continue reading