I thought I would write about our morning routine as a family that way you guys could get a better look into the Willis household. So here we go!
1. Wake up! I normally wake up at around 6:45 to get a few minutes to myself and read my bible before Avery gets up at 7 and then her and I head downstairs while we let Josh sleep. He normally works late so we let him sleep in a little bit. Continue reading
Avery has a very special personality! She is sweet, timid, obedient, confident, silly, smart, and loud all in one! Lately her favorite things have been changing and some of the things she says and the way she says them are so cute and funny I have to share. I wanted to write this blog to give you guys more of an insight as to the person Avery is and so that I can always remember her at this age. So here are some of her favorites.
- Favorite breakfast- yogurt and waffles
- Favorite snack- goldfish
- Favorite food- pizza
- Favorite fruit- strawberries
- Favorite treats- chocolate, ice cream and gum (she’s a sweets girl!)
- Favorite place in the house- her ruff ruff chair by the fireplace
- Favorite person- daddy!
- Favorite toys- doctor kit, barbies, and princesses
- Favorite shows- Doc Mcstuffins or Daniel Tiger’s Neighborhood
- Favorite things to do- play toys, play doh and play with her friends outside
- Favorite color- blue (it’s been blue for as long as she’s been talking)
- Favorite thing to say- “Play with me! Play with me!”
Some of the things she has said lately that make us smile or laugh are:
- We say I love you and then she says “Love you more” and we say love you more and she says “not a possible!”
- “Fineeee mama”
- “I’m not tired, I’m HAPPY (with a huge smile) see?! I don’t need a nap!”
- I ask how her how her nap was and she says “I slept just fine mama”
- If we aren’t listening she grabs our faces and says “look at me”
- “I need to check your heartbeat with my tep-a-cope (stethoscope)”
- If I tell her an idea of something to do and she likes it she says “oh that’s a really good idea mama!”
- Anytime I ask Avery where did you learn to be so cute? where did you learn to be so funny? where did you learn to be so smart? The answer is always “I got it from daddy”
- “Of course!!”
- If she wants someone to chase her she will say “oh no run!”
- “I’m so excited to see you!”
- “You’re my girl” 🙂
- And this isn’t exactly one thing she says but whenever she plays with her toys she always changes the voice for each person and has the best imagination coming up with the things she has them say.
I know she says plenty more cute things in a day but on the top of my head that’s all I can think of. She really has the cutest personality I’ve ever seen! I hope this blog gave you a little bit more insight to the little girl that Avery is. We truly cherish every day with her and think the absolute highest about her! We are so grateful that God gave us this perfect daughter!
I decided to do this blog because I’m always curious what is in other moms diaper bags so I thought I would give you a peak into mine. Continue reading
I always want whoever is reading my blog to know me, who I am, and what I believe. I thought what better way to get to know me better than telling all of you what I’m passionate about/ what I love!
- My family! Josh and Avery are LITERALLY my everything! I wake up and go to bed thinking about them and what I can be doing for them. I find so much happiness in seeing them happy! I can’t imagine not having Josh as my husband or not having Avery as my daughter! I know I talk about them both a lot but it’s not nearly as much as I want to. The things Avery says to me and Josh does for me warms my heart! Last night Avery wanted me to cuddle her and hold her hand so she could fall asleep. Right before she fell asleep she told me “I really love you” and instantly happy tears streamed down my cheeks. Avery is the most thoughtful person I’ve ever met and the fact that out of everyone God picked me to be her mommy just amazes me!
- God! God always comes first in my life and that’s the way I like it. He has given me so much to be thankful for! His plans are so much greater than mine (sometimes I need to remind myself of this) and I love having God as my Heavenly Father! Josh and I do our best to raise Avery up how God wants us to and love teaching her more about him. Yesterday at church Avery took communion for the first time and I explained it to her the best I could to a toddler and after it was done she said she wanted more bread dipped in juice haha. The responsibility of teaching our kids about God is very important to us!
- Country music! By far my favorite genre of music! Give me some country music and sweet tea and I’m set! My favorite artists are Keith Urban, Carrie Underwood, Jason Aldean, Tim McGraw, and Luke Bryan. My 10 favorite country songs right now are “She’s in love with a boy”, “Real men love Jesus”, “Make you miss me”, “From the ground up”, “John Cougar, John Deer, John 3:16”, “This”, “Making memories of us”, “Burnin it down”, “Then”, and “I met a girl”. Something about hearing a country song just puts me in a good mood! So living in the state of country music suits me well!